This recipe and all of grill week are sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
The final post of Grill Week is focusing on the sweeter side of a delicious meal…dessert!
Grilled pineapple may just be the most delicious and EASIEST sweet treat there is around, and can I add that it looks impressive? Those grill marks on the fruit paired with homemade coconut whipped cream? The crowd you are serving will go wild (even if it’s just for yourself!)
Pineapple just screams summer to me, and by placing it on the grill, it takes the flavor of this naturally sweet fruit over the top.
Now about the coconut whipped cream. While it may sound intimidating, it’s one of the easiest things to make! The creaminess is the perfect touch for the warm fruit it is paired with.
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream (refrigerated at least 3 hours)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices of pineapple
- Misto with extra virgin olive oil, or a small amount of olive oil to brush on the pineapple
- Remove the coconut cream that rose to the top of the can in the chilled coconut cream can. Beat the cream for a few minutes until it becomes nice, light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon, and adjust to taste.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Spritz the pineapple slices, or use a brush dipped in olive oil if you don't have a misto, with a small amount of olive oil on each side.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill.
- Cook 6-8 minutes on each side, until nicely charred.
Other Summer Dessert Recipes:
I am sharing this post in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. As always all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands and companies that make it possible for me to continue sharing quality content with you!