I’m so happy it’s Friday because tonight, Brian and I are going to see the new Hunger Games movie Mockinjay Part 1. Seriously, we cannot wait!!
It’s also the weekend before Thanksgiving, which has me super excited because that means it’s time to get the apartment super clean, prep the holiday food and get ready for the official holiday season!! Yay
I’m also really excited because of a new project I took on. I am a contributing editor to a local fashion, entertainment, and culture magazine–Dandizette. My first article was published yesterday (you can read it here!) and I have another article coming out December 1. It’s such a fun project to work on, and I’m looking forward to writing more for this online ‘zine.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!!!
Now, here’s a little Five Things Friday:
Five Things I Ate:
- Scrambled eggs with nutritional yeast and avocado on a brown rice wrap. Really tasty!
- Candy Cane Coffee Tis the season!
- Lunch salad (romaine, spinach, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes, carrots, bell pepper, kalamata olives, tuna and a red wine vinegar/herb dressing)
- Super Oats from Love Grown Here’s a funny story….EVERY single morning this week I would say to myself “I won’t have oats today…I really need to switch things up.” Then, I would go in the kitchen to make breakfast and guess what sounded good…oats!! Oh well!!
- Hardboiled eggs mixed with dijon with romaine, carrots, cucumbers, and green beans.
- Tabata Spin
- Taught Cardio HIIT
- Weight Lifting
- 3 Miles on the
dreadmilltreadmill <–forgot how much I really don’t enjoy the treadmill!!
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Thanksgiving is next week!!! Seriously, I can’t wait! I’m taking the week off from school and planning on enjoying the time with Brian’s family.
- We get to put up the Christmas tree in 1 week!!! Pretty darn pumped about that
- Getting done with school work early this week. I busted my little booty and finished all of my class work on Wednesday. Sometimes, I have to work through Friday night so I can hang out on a weekend! Seriously, this felt so good.
- Holiday baking. I did a little holiday baking this week for a post coming soon!! So fun!
- I had a really great coffee date with a new friend. I love starting my day like that!
Posts I Have Loved:
- 9 High Protein Smoothies that Taste Like Milkshakes via Greatist
- Healthy Soup Recipe Roundup via The Healthy Maven
- Vegan Gluten Free Apple Crisp via Fitsugar
- I Reached My Goal Weight and It Doesn’t Matter via Jamie Mendell
- 60 Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes via The Fit Cookie
- Workout Comparison via The Real Life RD
- Tell me something about your week/weekend! Anyone else a Hunger Games fanatic!?