Mom sent me a Halloween card and I just have to share the little comic she put on the back
Made me giggle…I think that’s everyone’s worst fear!!
Tonight, Brian and I are going to a Halloween party as Marry Poppins and Bert. Our costumes look pretty legit just laying out, so I’m hoping they look just as good when we put them on!
What are your Halloween plans? Passing out candy? Eating candy? Going to a party? Hopefully something fun
Alright! Let’s have a little Five Things Friday!
Five Things I Ate:
- Hot tea. So, technically this is something I drank, but I’m counting it as something I “ate” because these teas taste so. darn. good!!
The Trader Joe’s Harvest Blend Herbal Tea has a touch of cinnamon, apple and lots of other fall flavors that just make me say Mmmmm…the entire time I drink it.
This Numi Rooibos Tea is also fantastic! It has a vanilla-y, warm flavor that almost tastes sweet and feels so smooth in my mouth. I love that it’s caffeine-free because it has been making an appearance after dinner in the Rochford household.
- I whipped up a super simple curry for dinner on Monday night that I served with quinoa. So yummy and easy!
- Baked salmon with Gina (the Fitnessista’s) Kale Salad. You gotta try it!
- Grapes. I saw them at the grocery store last weekend and thought they would make an easy mid-morning snack. I totally forgot how delicious grapes were. They are soooo sweet. Kind of like nature’s candy!
- I tested out a breakfast casserole that I plan on making during Thanksgiving week while Brian’s family is staying with us. It was a hit and Brian and I have been enjoying it all week! (Eggs, coconut milk, kale, spinach, sweet potatoes)
- Tabata Cycle
- Boot Camp
- Weight Lifting (I LOVE getting back in the weight room)
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Fun Socks! Brian’s family got me some socks with little teeth on them So cute!
- Essential Oils! Jesseny from The Empowered Momma sent me some essential oils to test out a few weeks ago and I have been loving them.
The Deep Blue Rub has been great for rubbing on sore post-workout muscles, and we love putting the lemon essential oil in our cleaning products to give them a lemony fresh scent! Brian and I use all-natural unscented cleaning products, so adding the essential oils is a nice change
Thanks for the samples Jesseny!
- Speaking of oils…this Taspen’s Organics No More Aches Oil has been a lifesaver when it comes to headaches. I really hate loading up on pain killers, but when I feel a headache creeping in sometimes there really is NOTHING that will make the pain go away…until I found this oil! I found it at the Pearl Street Farmer’s Market about a month ago (it’s from a local Colorado company!). When I first made the purchase I was a little skeptical, but I am so glad I decided to give the oil a try.
As soon as I feel a headache coming on, I dab a little around the base of my neck and on my temples and drink a huge glass of water. Literally within about 30 minutes the headache is GONE. Seriously amazing. Another great thing? This little roller is the PERFECT size to slide in my purse so I have it on hand at all times just in case!
- New Friends. Brian and I have had so much fun meeting and hanging out with new friends out here in Denver I love it!
- I saw this quote from Jodi of Legal Nomads in my Self Magazine last night and I loved it! Such a simple (but I’m sure effective!) goal to help keep yourself on point.
Posts I Have Loved:
- 19 Pumpkin Desserts via Chocolate Covered Katie
- Baked Southwest Trout via Cotter Crunch
- Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter Cups via The Lean Green Bean and Healthy Nibbles and Bites
- Paleo Monkey Bars via The Paleo Mom
- Healthy Halloween Treats via Detoxinista
- Healthy Protein Cookie Dough via Lauren Conrad
- Comfortable Clothing That’s Still Stylish via Cupcakes and Cashmere
- Overachieving Millenials via Run Lift Yoga
- Are You A Slave to Striving via Cotter Crunch
- What It Looks Like to Really Take Care of Yourself via Jamie Mendell
- Places To Share Blog Posts via Making Time for Mommy
- The Simple Blogging Tip to Save Your Hours on Your Blog via The Blog Genie
- My Sponsored Post Pledge via A Healthy Slice of Life
- 25 Bodyweight Exercises via Popsugar Fitness
- 10 Tips to Get Started with Running via The Little Honeybee
- Pinterest Running Workouts via The Blonde Ponytail
- How Kara Goucher Makes Time for Family, Marathon Training and Herself via ESPN
- Why Exercising Too Much Hurts Your Gut via The Paleo Mom
I hope you all have a fantastic Halloween and first weekend of November!!
- Share something awesome about your week or weekend!