A new video is officially (and finally!) live on my Youtube channel! In my perfect world, I would share videos more often but the reality is they take me quite a while to edit. In the future I plan on sharing more, though!
The hairstyle that I wear most (even with my shorter haircut) and that I receive the most requests and questions about is my everyday curling iron curled hair, so I wanted to take the time to share that with all of you.
This video was taken the day before I got my haircut. I knew I wanted a haircut, but I also knew that so many of you ask me in person, through e-mail, and in comments about how I do my hair so I made sure to shoot the video prior to chopping my locks.
The video is a step by step tutorial outlining how I curl my hair almost everyday.
Here is a breakdown:
- Start with clean hair with mousse that is blown dry.
- Separate your hair into sections and clip about 2/3 of your hair on top of your head leaving the bottom 1/3 down to curl.
- With a 1 to 1 1/2 inch curing iron curl the hair away from your face.
- Place the curling iron about 3/4 of the way of the one inch section of hair and pull the hair through the iron as you twist it into a curl.
- Take the next section of hair out of the clip and curl with the same method.
- Take the top part of hair and curl smaller sections, still away from the face.
- Allow to set for about 10 minutes (this is a great time to put on your outfit or do your makeup!)
- Spritz hair with hair spray and brush through it with your fingers to break up the curls. Mess it up a bit!
You can subscribe to my youtube channel to stay in the loop when new videos are posted!
Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy your curly hair