Happy Friday!! I hope everything is going spectacular for you and that you have fun things going on this weekend
I mentioned this earlier in the week, but I am DONE with this semester (yahoo!!). Of course I love learning about nutrition and making plans to start my future business, but I’ll be honest with you…taking Wednesday-Friday (today) as slow and easy fun days has been a breath of fresh air. I’ve kept myself busy by working out, meeting with friends, and packing for a friend trip to the mountains this weekend but it’s nothing compared to the usual grind.
Now, let’s jump right into this week’s recap with a Five Things Friday post Please feel free to share things that made your week awesome in the comments!
Five Things I Ate:
- Smoothie bowls!! I honestly think I had one every day this week, and I’m so not mad about it
(frozen banana, 2 frozen strawberries, frozen spinach, almond milk, water, vanilla extract, collagen, topped with Love Grown Granola, banana, peanut butter, and blueberries)
- Salads with ALL the veggies
- Salmon with heirloom cabbage from the farmers market (roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper for 20 minutes on each side at 400 degrees.)
- Farmers market local roasted chicken This was a fun experiment. I tossed the veggies (zucchini, carrots, sweet potato) in olive oil salt and pepper. I put rosemary and thyme inside the chicken and sprinkled salt and pepper with lemon and a touch of olive oil on the outside. I roasted all at 400 degrees for about an hour. Perfection! We had leftovers to last us a week!
- Thai Coconut Salad from Modmarket (SO GOOD!!)
Five Workouts I Have Done:
- Running with Bernie
- Pure Barre (I’ve been 3 times this week!)
- Strength class at Pearl Street Fitness
- Running Speed work
- Walking Bernie
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Brian and I started watching a new show to us on Netflix called Stranger Things. Have you heard of it? It’s definitely “strange” and I’m very intrigued to see how the story plays out.
- The Hamilton Soundtrack
Yes, I know I mentioned this in my Things I’m Loving post from last month, but I seriously cannot get enough of it. It’s literally on repeat any time I have the chance to listen to it.
- Having a Pool Day!
Because I didn’t have any assignments to do pretty early on in the week, I made sure to meet with a friend for a pool day and was (and still am) SO happy about it! Growing up, I think I lived at the pool. Now that I’m older, we don’t live in an apartment with a pool for us to use, so it’s always fun to take advantage of some pool time when it’s available.
- Breckenridge for the weekend
I don’t think I’ve been up to Breck since the winter. It’s definitely been a while, and I am so happy to be with our friends, enjoy the outdoors, and just relax in the mountains.
- As if I haven’t said it enough…I’m pretty stinking happy about being done with the semester and my grades
Five Posts I Have Loved:
- How I Find Recipes for My Weekly Meal Plan | Peanut Butter Fingers
- Jumping July HIIT Workout + Playlist | Peanut Butter Runner
- 5 Best Podcasts for Young Professionals | Her Heartland Soul
- Char Grilled Apricot Dessert Bowls | Cotter Crunch
- Sweet Plantain Lasagna | The Blissful Balance
- I’d love to hear from ya in the comments section! Share some highlights from the week