A simple, homemade, clean and green essential oil room spray that adds a refreshing scent to any room in the house. Made with water, alcohol, and essential oils this DIY room spray couldn’t get any easier!
Lately, I have been totally digging essential oils. I received a few from NOW Foods a while back in a monthly package I received as part of an ongoing partnership I have with them, and I feel that those first few essential oils truly started an addiction.
I’ve always loved finding the perfect scent to make my home smell clean, welcoming, and like “my home” but in the past I’ve always turned to candles. Last year, I talked about my essential oil diffuser and I’m still using it. Just about every day!
To me, using the right blend of essential oils really lifts my mood, helps me focus, and pushes my productivity just a little bit further.
I realize that may sound a little hippy dippy for some of you, and that’s totally fine! I’m definitely not an aromatherapy expert. I’m simply sharing a way that I have learned to decrease a bit of stress in my life and make my apartment smell refreshing and clean.
While I have diffusers in my living room and in my bedroom, I wanted a way to spread the essential oil goodness around the entire apartment…and a room spray was just what I needed!
Making this room spray is about as simple as it gets. There are really just a few key components and the rest is up to you!
- Make sure to use a glass bottle. Some essential oils are very strong and may wear the plastic material down.
- Alcohol is an essential component. Because the only other ingredients are essential oils and water, we need something to make the oil and water mix. Even though we use alcohol to help the mixture, it’s still necessary to shake the spray before each use.
- Choose any essential oils you want! Below, I share a recipe for my favorite essential oil blend, but you can mix and match (or use one single essential oil) to get a scent you absolutely adore.
The essential oils I chose to use are Jasmine and Orange, not only because of the wonderful smell, but because of the benefits shared by NOW Foods.
- Jasmine oil promotes inner strength and grounding
- Orange oil is energizing and uplifting
Just what I need to motivate me during a day of work.
- Combinen water, alcohol, and essential oils in the 4 oz glass bottle.
- Shake ingredients and spritz around the home for a fresh and clean scent!
You can use 10-40 drops of any essential oils you wish! This is just a blend I love.
Now, go make your room spray!
If you’ve got a blend of your own please share in the comments below!
Question of the Day:
- What kind of scent makes you feel “welcome” and “at home.” (another scent I love is vanilla)
If you like this DIY Essential Room Spray Post check out some other tips for being healthy at home:
I am sharing this recipe and post in partnership with Now Foods. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for continuing to support me and the brands that make it possible for me to create great content for all of you!