Well I must say that endorphins do have a way of making things brighter. Like I mentioned in my post earlier, I was feeling pretty down before heading to the gym. I still went an hour before my class so that I could get some cross training in before I taught strength and toning. I hit up the elliptical and turned on the Food Network. A lot of people think that the elliptical or other cardio machines can get pretty boring making it hard to build up endurance, but I have found that if a good show is on the boob tube then I am good to go! First it was Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Meals
Next it was Giada at Home…she made a delicious cranberry granola that I will have to try!
Honestly, as soon as my arms and legs started pumpin’ on the machine I felt waaaay better! It’s crazy how amazing that endorphin high feels, but I’m addicted to it. Here is what my workout looked like.
I adapted a workout from Une Vie Saine
- Jog in place for 1 minute to get heart rate up or until the end of the first song
- 15 slow controlled crunches with 8 lb weight
- 15 crunches with legs straight up
- 20 total bicycle crunches
- 15 pullovers with one 8 lb weight in both hands while lying on bench
- 15 pushups with hands on bench (either the girly kind or normal)
- 10 rows with one leg on bench with two 5 lb weights then alternate legs
- Squat with one leg on bench and one leg to the side pulse low for two counts then raise knee on bench (15 each side holding weights in hands)
- 15 reverse lunge with shoulder circle on each side (5 lb weights in each hand)
- 15 plie squat with triceps press holding 8 lb weight