The majority of my morning before volunteering and my afternoon after volunteering has looked like this:
Studying the new release of BodyPump in preparation for my certification course this weekend. After I make dinner, workout with Brian, and attend a BodyPump class…the rest of my night will probably look very similar.
I did manage to have time for lunch Today, I had a spinach and romaine salad with sunflower seeds, tomato, and tuna topped with my mom’s homemade salsa.
As I was leaving today, I made sure to pack a snack in my bag because I knew that I would be unable to eat lunch until much later than my usual lunch time. Whenever I pack a snack, I try to make sure that it is light and has a balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat so that I am able to stay satisfied for longer without necessarily having to eat a ton.
My snack today was simple: string cheese, 6 Kashi Original 7 Grain Crackers, and 6 almonds. My snack packed around 10grams of protein (for staying power) and clocked in at only 163 calories. Not too bad if you ask me.
Here are some other easy and balanced snack ideas:
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese with half an apple and 1 tsp of nut butter
- 1 container of yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of chopped veggies dipped 2 Tbsp of hummus with 3 almonds and 1 ounce of cheese
- 1/3 cup of plain oats, about 1/3 scoop of protein powder, and 6 peanuts chopped and sprinkled on top for some crunch
- 1/3-1/2 can of tuna mixed with 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt and about 1/2 cup of chopped veggies (I like celery, bell peppers, and red onion)
- 2 Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Question of the Afternoon:
What are some of your favorite snack ideas?