***Sorry about the weird Friday/Saturday confusion and double post….I WAS EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!!!!
Hello Saturday everyone!
After a very successful and fun wedding night I was surprised to actually feel not too tired or hungover when I woke up this morning. My friend, Erin, got married yesterday and everything about the wedding was beautiful, fun, and perfect…I will post an update with pictures soon!
I purposely scheduled a 10am appointment today for an oil change to get me up and moving early, but not too early, so that I could make today a productive day.
Before heading out to the car place, I made myself a little smoothie bowl….
I topped it with half of a baked oatmeal and a tablespoon of almond butter. It was so refreshing, considering the 100 degree weather outside!
I was very excited to make my smoothie because I received my protein powder in the mail on Thursday!!
For the past month, I have been trying to stomach a plant based protein powder that I absolutely HATE but couldn’t stand the thought of just pitching….well I had had enough of it and went in for the good stuff. As of right now, Sunwarrior is by far my favorite!
My First Award!
On the 4th of July, I was surprised by a little message from one of my friends who has a blog too! She nominated me for an award! But not just any award, my very first ever blogging award. I am just tickled
I have been nominated by Andrea, author of the blog A Doctor in the House, as a recipient of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
This award requires a few things:
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog.
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.
Seven Things About Me
This is always the hard part!
1. My favorite food is ice cream, although I don’t eat it nearly, as often as I like so that it stays in the “special treat” category and I never get sick of it!
3. I was never considered “athletic” or into sports in high school. I was into show choir and cheerleading….we were required to wear fun outfits, be high energy, and act super happy…count me in!
4. I am very directionally challenged…basically that is an understatement, I can’t get anywhere without Gabby my Garmin.
5. Before working on the cruise line, I had only taught two group fitness classes and had never used my personal trainer certification. I actually got certified as a personal trainer AFTER I was hired for the position! Now, I have trained many clients and am comfortable teaching yoga, pilates, any strength and conditioning class, cardio focused classes, indoor cycling, Body Pump, core classes, and stretching classes.
6. I broke my arm in 7th grade while riding a motor scooter at my friends house….I never have been a good driver.
7. Since last October, I have decided to follow more of a pescatarian diet. I eat fish, eggs, dairy, and plant based protein supplements to obtain my protein. It may be a permanent change, it may not. I am just experimenting with my body and trying to figure out what makes it function best!