This weekend was extremely productive when it came down to knocking things off of the wedding to-do list. I also had to go through this weekend with the mindset that I will only be home at a normal time on Thursday night. This meant a lot of prep work for the week needed to be done.
I typically use my Sunday’s to cut-up veggies, pre-portion some lunch items, and bake things for the week ahead, but today I did something that kind of amazed even me!
I prepped all of the above meals in just ONE hour! That would be 5 breakfasts, complete lunches, and snacks for myself and 5 lunches with snacks included for Brian.
Now, all of the meals are pretty much the same, and typically I enjoy a bit more variety in my day-to-day eats. This week, time will not allow for variety, and I am ok with that. As long as I have nutritious and tasty foods during this crazy week I will be a happy and energized girl!
Here is an outline of what we will be eating for the next week:
- Greek yogurt with assorted fruits (I totally emptied the freezer!) topped with chopped nuts
- Brian will make himself an egg sandwich every morning 🙂
- My lunch: bed of spinach and romaine topped with 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa, chopped black olives, chopped red onion, 1/4 cup black beans, a protein option (veggie burger, tuna, or tofu), and salsa
- Brian’s lunch: baked potato topped with avocado, baked chicken breast and salsa
- Carrots/celery with hummus
- Apples with 1 oz of cheese
- Trail mix (sunflower seeds, raisins, pepitas, roasted soy beans, granola, pecans, walnuts, dried pineapple, and a bunch of other stuff!)
- Assortment of nutrition bars
Whenever I am lacking time and things seem to be piling up on my plate, I like to take a deep breath and make a plan. When I have a plan going into a busy week I feel more motivated, successful, happy, and I am able to tackle everything that needs to get done.
Questions of the Morning:
- Do you prep food for the week?
- If you do, do you create complete meals that are grab and go or do you just get things ready for cooking throughout the week?