I absolutely LOVE mornings when I am able to eat breakfast at home, because that means that there is always time for a SMOOTHIE.
I took the morning off from the gym because the Indianapolis Mini Marathon is officially 3 days away. EEK!
Tonight, we have our final group training run of 3 miles, and after that Brian and I are heading to a yoga class for runners. Should be a good one! My legs feel extra tight this week, so I am hoping to get things loosened up a bit.
The warm weather here in Indy, and the fact that I was eating breakfast at home made a smoothie the perfect breakfast option.
I absolutely LOVE mixing the tart blackberries with the sweet bananas. The salty and nutty peanut butter gives the smoothie a richer flavor and more staying power to keep my fuller for longer. I HIGHLY recommend this breakfast treat!
Blackberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 2/3 cup blackberries
- 2/3 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 handful of raw spinach (can’t have a smoothie without it!)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
Place all ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
Of Possible Interest:
- 10 Healthy Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Greatist
- Paleo Banana Bread Recipe: Peanut Butter Runner
- Heatlhy Ice Cream Sandwiches: The Lean Green Bean