Dinner last night was AMAZING!
I tried the Overnight Kale Salad that I read about on NutritionElla’s blog, but I subbed quite a few of the ingredients in the original recipe from Women’s Health Magazine for items that I had on hand.
Here is a comparison of the original recipe and what I ACTUALLY used:
- 3 Tbsp Champagne or other white wine vinegar–i used red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp finely minced shallot–i used red onion
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 bunches of kale
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds–omitted
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese–i used feta
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts–i used sunflower seeds
The end result was delicious. Allowing the salad to sit and marinate overnight and throughout the day really softened up the “rough” texture of the kale and really allowed the flavors to meld together.
When Brian asked what was for dinner and heard me mention kale salad, he was less than thrilled. After he tried the kale salad, he didn’t just eat it…he actually said it was good! He said that he loved the dressing too!
I hope you all have a great weekend too!