Happy Monday morning!
I can’t believe that this is the start to the last week in August. This summer has really flown by, but it has truly been a memorable one! This past weekend was very chill, yet full of fun things to do.
Here is kind of a “day in the life” look at what Brian and I were up to this weekend 🙂
- Friday morning I completed a VO2 Max test at work. More details to come on that soon!
- Friday evening, I rushed home from work to set my DVR to record a segment that I worked on for a local show called “Inside Indiana Business.” A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was working on a project with healthy food trucks in Indianapolis, and this was it! Click here to watch the segment (I am interviewed towards the end!)
- I put together a yummy Greek layer dip to take to a summer picnic.
- Our new Krups egg cooker was put to good use on Saturday when I whipped up a batch of hard boiled eggs. I absolutely love this kitchen appliance. It completely takes the guess work out of making hard boiled (or any kind) eggs!
- A snack plate made up my lunch on Saturday and Sunday…I just can’t get enough of fresh veggies and hummus and my hard boiled eggs were perfect!
- Brian and I attended a summer picnic for people in his clinic in dental school.
- Brian got VERY into the volleyball games, but ultimately his team won!
- Lots of yummy summer picnic food!
- I am getting ready to jump into full swing half marathon training and logged a few sweaty miles on Sunday morning.
1. and 2. Brian and I headed to Henry’s Coffee Bistro on Sunday morning to enjoy the outdoors and a delicious cup of coffee. I was pleasantly surprised to learn they have almond milk!
3. I made Jen at Peanut Butter Runner’s Paleo Gluten Free Banana Bread….delicious!! I will definitely make it again.
4. My family came over Sunday night for a delicious Italian meal like the one Brian and I made in our cooking class. We showed my family our honeymoon pictures and all of our wedding photos too! It was a late night for a Sunday but fun and totally worth it.
Hope you all had an amazing weekend too!