I have always been the type of person that truly enjoys baking. I love baking cakes, cookies, roasting veggies, even the occasional loaf of bread, but one of my absolute favorite things to make and bake are muffins.
They are the perfect portable snack, quick breakfast, or treat. It’s also easy to pack them in Brian’s lunch as a little afternoon pick-me-up.
When making bran muffins, in the past, mine have come out a bit dry or dense…which isn’t the kind of muffin anyone likes to enjoy. This recipe is the exact opposite of my previous kitchen fails. The muffins are soft, fluffy, light, and absolutely delicious…no one will believe they are “bran” muffins when you share them!
Incorporating yogurt into your muffin recipe is one trick of the trade to keep the muffin moist and soft so the bran doesn’t add a heaviness or density to your muffin.
As part of Yoplait’s Long Love Fruit campaign, I was given the opportunity to try their new Yoplait Fruitful yogurt with REAL fruit already mixed in.
Typically, I am the girl that purchases the plain yogurt so I can add my own mix-ins, but I thought that would give these Yoplait Fruitfuls a try. Each cup of yogurt has:
- 1/3 cup of real fruit in each serving
- No artificial sweeteners or flavors
- Six ounces of yogurt in each cup
- A very short ingredient list!
At first, I had a bit of trouble locating the yogurt at my regular grocery store because this product is pretty new and only available in the Midwest Central region beginning this month.
I was able to successfully track this product down with the Yoplait Product Locator. Thank goodness!
After trying this yogurt and realizing that there are literally BIG pieces of real fruit in the mixture, I simply HAD to use it in a recipe…these Pineapple Bran Muffins.
Good news for you!!
Yoplait is offering a downloadable coupon for $.30 off the Yoplait Fruitful yogurt. Simply click here. The coupon is located on the right-hand side of the page by clicking on “Enjoy with a Coupon”.
(Void in LA, NV, NJ, ND and TN)
I hope you enjoy these delicious muffins as much as we have!
Pineapple Bran Muffins
Yields: 12 Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 12 oz (2-6oz cups) Yoplait Fruitful Pineapple Yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat to 400 degrees and line 12 muffin tins with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Stir the bran, flour, brown sugar, wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the 12 tins. Bake 20 minutes, and allow to cool for 10.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Yoplait. All opinions are my own.