I have been holding strong at this November Breakfast Challenge, and I am really enjoying the variety of foods I am eating. Typically, I can get caught in a rut of only oats and smoothies, so it’s nice to throw in some new ideas and try to think outside of the box for inspiration.
The only negative thing about this challenge is that when I really like something, I tend to eat it all. the. time. but I will have to wait a whole month to eat any of these breakfasts again!! I guess things could be worse 😉
Here is an overview of my breakfasts this week.
- Plain, nonfat Greek yogurt with pumpkin, stevia, and pumpkin pie spice topped with banana
- Fall Medley Muffin on the side (I can’t get enough of these things!)
- One whole egg with egg whites, pumpkin, and broccoli
- Fall Medley Muffin on the side (I am counting this as a different breakfast because the MAIN part of the meal is different!!)
- Overnight Oats with pumpkin topped with pepitas
- The Oatmeal Artist’s Salted Maple, Apple Pecan Oatmeal minus the maple
My favorite meal of the week was probably yesterday’s bowl of hot oats. I have had a few of the Oatmeal Artist’s recipes pinned for a while, so when I was coming up with my November Breakfast Challenge pin board I made sure to include a few of her recipes. Boy am I glad I gave this a try!!!
These oats were cooked on the stove top, which I normally don’t do, and I think I am going to have to give that a try more often! It made them very creamy, and honestly it did not take long at all.
Now, time to start planning for next week’s breakfasts…
Question of the Morning:
- What was your favorite breakfast this week?