Remember when I teased you with a delicious looking breakfast on instagram a couple of days ago?
Well, I used the snow days this week to really put some action towards some of my 2014 goals. One of those goals?
Create more videos for the blog!
Below the first ever cooking video created and produced in the very kitchen of Treble in the Kitchen 🙂 Enjoy!
Sweet PotatoBreakfast Scramble
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- half a jalapeno chopped with the seeds removed to lessen the spiciness
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 big hand full of spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs and 2 egg whites
- half an avocado to top at the end
- Start by heating a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. It’s important that it is non-stick because we are not adding any extra oil to this dish.
- Place the thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place the jalapenos and onions on top.
- Set the timer for 2 minutes and wait for the potatoes to brown.
- Once the timer goes off, flip the potatoes and try to get the other side of the potato to face the bottom of the pan. Set the timer for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 about 3 times or until the potatoes are cooked through and some are crispy.
- Add the handful of spinach and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Add the eggs and egg white mixture and allow to cook for a little bit before stirring. Gently fold to cook all the eggs and integrate into the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the eggs are cooked through, put on your favorite plate and top with half an avocado…Enjoy!
Questions of the Day:
- What kind of videos would you like to see on the blog?
- Have you made any goals for 2014?
- Have you had a chance to put any of them into action yet?