Remember last week when it was the coldest day in Indianapolis at -38 degrees outside?
Well today it is 48 degrees…above zero! My how things can change in just one week!
Today is officially Day 13 of my Whole 30 Challenge, which means I am almost half way through. I can’t believe it!
I have continued to maintain my journal regarding how I felt each day, and I have taken several pictures of my food.
According to the Whole 30 Timeline, I have gotten through the hardest days…phew!! And this week I should expect BOUNDLESS ENERGY. I can’t wait
Whole 30 Journal Week 2
- Was VERY snacky today and less achy.
- Ate more nuts in the morning between breakfast and lunch despite the “plan” not recommending snacking.
- No Bowel movement
- Woke up several times during the night, but still felt refreshed when I woke up in the morning for work.
- I felt very refreshed and excited to start the day.
- My stomach felt a little more bloated than normal after breakfast and lunch today, but today is the day when “my pants are supposed to be tight” so I guess that is probably normal.
- No headache, no sleepiness during the day.
- Bowel Movement in the evening.
- Felt refreshed in the morning.
- Did not drink as much water as usual today.
- Felt a little more bloated than normal today.
- Started to get a slight headache right before bed, but I was up later than normal so I went to bed and woke up fine!
- I typically set an alarm to get up, and then I set a “late” alarm which allows me to get up at a later time than normal but still gives me adequate time to get ready to leave
- I woke up at the “late” time!!! I haven’t done that in a LONG time.
- Was VERY hungry after my morning workout.
- Drove from Indianapolis to Fort Wayne and ate a snack of almonds and an apple.
- Felt very good the entire day.
- Felt great and refreshed upon waking.
- Was hungry and ready for breakfast as soon as I woke up.
- Completed a long workout of several group fitness classes back to back as part of a Les Mills launch and had AMAZING energy throughout the entire workout. I felt like the energizer bunny.
- Started to feel a little tired towards the evening, but made sure to eat an extra snack because of the extra physical activity.
- Was expecting my body to be extremely sore from the workout, but my body actually felt pretty good!
- I was more tired and hungry throughout the day, and I think it was part of the after effect of the hard workout the day before.
Below is a look at some eats from week 2.
Whole 30 Week 2 Breakfasts
Veggie egg scramble (2 egg whites, one egg) with a side of fruit topped with almond butter.
Spinach scramble with a side of fruit and PECAN butter…so delicious!
One day, I FORGOT the egg part of my breakfast at home!!! YIKES! That day I ate my fruit with pecan butter and a little bit of my tuna salad from lunch.
3 eggs scrambled topped with salsa, apple, and coconut milk iced coffee.
Whole 30 Week 2 Lunches
I used my tuna salad recipe and switched the tuna with salmon…so tasty!
Tuna salad with curry roasted cauliflower, raw celery and carrots, and an apple.
I had tuna salad this day, but took a picture after I ate it…oops! The sides were roasted zucchini with broccoli, cucumbers and an apple.
Salad full of veggies, avocado, tuna, and a hardboiled egg.
Whole 30 Dinners Week 3
Ratatouille with a side of salmon.
Salmon cakes with roasted veggies.
Ratatouille with a salmon cake and salad.
Lots of ratatouille and salmon cakes this week
I whipped up scrambled eggs with spinach and salsa as a quick dinner one night.
While I was home for the weekend, Mom made pumpkin soup (so good!) with a salad topped with salmon.
“Buffalo” shrimp, sweet potato, and summer squash.
A delicious new slow cooker meal with salmon and salad on the side.
There ya have it friends!
Wish me luck as I enter Week 3!!
Question of the Day:
- Share one thing you are looking forward to this week!