Happy Valentine’s Day!
I’m so happy it’s the weekend, because Brian and I have a couple of fun dates planned, and after some very long days/nights at work this week I am looking forward to actually spending a little time NOT at work Even though I do love it there.
Whether you are doing something solo, with friends, or something romantic I hope you enjoy something fun!!
Time for another round of FiveThings Friday hosted by Clare of Fitting It All In. Hope you all had a great week too!
Five Things I Ate This Week:
Ok, so I have to be completely honest. Almost everything I ate this week was out of tupperware, which means that it did NOT look very presentable. I was able to snap some pictures, but I spared you the “gross” looking meals
- Lots of hardboiled eggs. They are easy to tote around and it’s easy to make a lot of them ahead of time.
- My typical breakfast this week: frittata, baked sweet potato, and melted frozen fruit with hardened coconut butter on the top (try it…it’s so good!)
- Oatless Oats…yum!
- Ratatouille with baked cod and broccoli. I made the ratatouille on Sunday in the crockpot, roasted the veggies, and baked the cod on Sunday so when I got home around 8pm on Tuesday night this was a quick meal to throw together.
- Ratatouille (again!) with cod mixed in, nuts, and carrots (I ate way more nuts and carrots than pictured here!)
- Running (I even got a little reading in while running on the treadmill. Gotta love multitasking.)
- Turbokick (new class for me!)
- Yoga (felt so good to be back this week!)
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- The fact that it is Valentine’s Day and Brian and I are going out for DESSERT tonight! This will be the first dessert I have had in 45 days…I can’t wait We will get a little dressed up because we have a reservation at Harry and Izzy’s in downtown Indianapolis.
- My medal and bib display. I found this DIY tutorial from the Pavement Runner a few months back and I just recently got around to putting it together…it’s not perfect, but I absolutely love it!
- The gorgeous view of the city that I get to see on Wednesday nights while running. Makes the whole chilly run worth it!
- Maranatha Coconut Butter…omg this stuff is so good! It is super hard at room temperature, so what I do is stick it in the microwave for about 1 minute. This will make the coconut butter like liquid. Then, I drizzle it over some frozen fruit to pack for breakfast the next day and when I eat my fruit the next morning, it is like a hard shell of deliciousness over my fruit. So good!
- Twilight Run Vest from Athleta. OK, so I don’t OWN this vest, but a lady in the Mini Marathon Training Program with me has this and she says it is the BEST piece of running gear she owns. It’s a great alternative to a jacket when weather is “in-between” and you aren’t sure of how many layers to wear…needless to say it is on my “want” list. A bit pricey, but I know I would get great use out of it
Five Posts I Have Loved:
- A Weighty Subject via Happy Wife Healthy Life
- Why Everyone Should Learn to Budget via Fitting It All In
- 27 Productive Things You Can Do In 5 Minutes via The Daily Muse
- On the Go Breakfasts that Are Good For You via Buzzfeed
- Why This RD Eats More Fat via KathEats/FANNEtastic Food
Your Turn to Share:
- What made you happy this week!?