While I was home this weekend, I completed this tabata workout with something that made things a little “easier” than normal….
A couple of weeks ago, I received a fun, new-to-me, fitness toy in the mail to try out and review.
I could not wait to try this out! I have seen them before on other healthy living blogs, but I had never tried one until now.
I absolutely love completing circuit workouts, but typically I will use my phone or watch to keep time. This means I am often distracted during the exercise and constantly checking my phone or looking at my watch which means I am neglecting my technique, and not working to my fullest potential.
If you have ever done a timed workout and used your phone/watch I am sure you have been in that situation too!
The Gymboss interval timer is great, because it literally clips on to your body and it stays there! (even through burpees!)
Mine clips comfortably onto my tank top strap, but I’m sure you could clip it to your pants, shoe, or anywhere else you want.
Now, you are probably wondering what is SO GREAT about this little gadget…
Well, it keeps the time for you. You can set it to specific intervals and tell it the number of sets you want to do and when it’s time to rest, switch exercise, or when that set is over, it beeps, or vibrates, or beeps and vibrates and there is not a chance you will miss the timing to move onto the next part of the workout routine.
This timer can do:
- 1 or 2 intervals – 2 seconds to 99 minutes
- Repeat up to 99 times
- Beep and/or Vibrate alarm
- Alarm duration 1, 5, or 10 seconds (originally I had it set to 10 seconds and let me just say…that is a long time to hear beeping and vibrating!)
- Act as a stopwatch
I can imagine this being a SUPER handy tool while teaching group fitness too!
Here is a list of other workouts that would definitely be enhanced by using the Gymboss timer.
- Bodyweight Tabata Workout
- Tina’s Tabata Workout
- Tabata Boot Camp Mixer
- Peanut Butter Runner Plyometric Core Tabata
- Snowed in Circuit Workout
- Strength Circuit and Tabata Intervals
Want to win a Gymboss Interval Timer of your own? I thought so!
One Treble in the Kitchen Reader will win a Gymboss Interval Timer, color of your choice!
*This giveaway will run through Sunday, March 2 and I will contact a winner on Monday, March 3.
In order to enter, please do the following: Pick and choose the ways you want to enter. The only one you MUST do is leave a comment
- Comment below and share what type color of interval timer you would want.
- Share via twitter (and comment below): “I want to take my workouts to the next level by winning a @Gymboss from @trebleinthekchn: http://interneka.com/affiliate/AIDLink.php?BID=11452&AID=44127“
- Like Treble in the Kitchen on facebook
- Like Gymboss on facebook
A HUGE thanks to Gymboss for sponsoring this giveaway. As always opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support!