While we LOVED the shrimp on Sunday, we LOVED it even more last night! I guess those extra couple of days that the shrimp was sitting in the fridge with some orange slices really did it some good
Sunday, I just decided to get a little creative in the kitchen. I kind of had an idea in mind, but really I just wanted to go with my instincts to see what would happen and we were so pleased with the end result.
I purchased some big, juicy oranges and lemons this week in honor of spring and thought to pair them with a favorite lean protein of ours…shrimp! Seriously friends, you gotta try this recipe. I promise, you won’t regret it…AND it’s SO easy!
Citrusy Garlicky Baked Shrimp
Yields about 4 servings
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1lb medium shrimp, thawed (peeled, deveined)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cute the orange in half. Squeeze half of the orange in the bottom of a baking dish. Save the other half of the orange for later in the recipe.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze half of the lemon in the bottom of the same baking dish.
- Spread the shrimp over the orange and lemon juice.
- Top the shrimp with the chopped garlic and onions and the juice of the other half of the lemon.
- Slice the reserved half of orange into thin slices and place on top of the shrimp, scallions and garlic.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked all the way through.
This is great paired with roasted veggies and a salad and Brian loved eating his with brown rice. Honestly, the dish is so light and refreshing that it could really be paired with whatever your heart desires!
My plate: side salad, roasted veggies, shrimp.
Let me know if you give this yummy springy recipe a try!
Question of the Morning:
- Do you ever experiment in the kitchen?
- What is the most recent kitchen experiment you have done? Was it successful?