Happy last Friday of March!
I am excited that next month is April, because that is my birth month but I also can’t believe that it is already April…my how time is flying by.
Relatively speaking, Brian and I have a pretty low key weekend and I am thankful for that. Just random chores, errands and weekend things and a date night in on Saturday. I can’t wait!
Time for a little Five Things Friday hosted by Fitting it all In.
Five Things I Ate:
- Collard wraps for lunch…so good!
- This dinner salad…sweet potatoes, salmon, romaine, spinach, green onion, walnuts, blue cheese…so good!
- Sweet potato “nachos” aka sliced and baked sweet potato topped with a TON of veggies, guac and salmon.
- Back to my regular breakfast frittata, fruit and coconut butter. Pretty basic, but really delicious.
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- This video of the TEDx Talk from Dr. Libby “The Pace of Modern Life Versus Our Cavewoman Biochemistry“
This video is so inspiring, and I literally felt like she was talking to ME during the entire video. Definitely worth the 18 minutes
Dr. Libby is one of the people I look up to the most when it comes to nutrition and health professionals. I first learned about her while I was working on a cruise line in New Zealand, and I read her book Accidentally Overweight. If you are into women’s health, science, and nutrition the book needs to be added to your list NOW.
- Indianapolis Blog Love
Last week, Maria Romaine wrote a guest post for me about How to Stay Healthy at Work and this week Sara from Solid Gold Eats included me in a chili recipe roundup. To top it all off, today I am meeting the fabulous Sarah from Creating a Better Tomorrow for lunch! All three of these wonderful women are bloggers in the Indianapolis area
Love my city!
- I feel so honored that I was able to work with Wellpoint on their exercise break video for the Partnership for a Healthier America. Being in this video is definitely making me happy!
- Date night in with Brian on Saturday (we are cooking up a yummy meal and watching a movie)
- The Fire Starter Sessions. Jen from Peanut Butter Runner has talked about this book so many times. I can’t wait to read it!
- and a 6th just for fun!!! **Reminder that Rita’s Blog School enrollment starts on Monday. E-mail me if you have questions
Posts I Have Loved:
- Is Food Just Fuel via The Real Life RD
- 21 Clean Eating Lunches via Skinny Ms
- On Finding Normal in a Changing Decade via Sometimes Always Never
- No BS Guide to Food Photography via The Healthy Maven
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal via Oh She Glows
- Why Women Should Strength Train via Peanut Butter Runner
- How to Be More Photogenic via Cupcakes and Cashmere
It’s Your Turn!
- Share something awesome from your week!