Happy Friday, friends!
It’s been a busy week around here, so I am definitely thankful the weekend is here. I can’t wait for the sunny and 70 degree weather that will be here this weekend too. The more sunshine the better!
Because it’s Friday, it’s time for a little Five Things Friday action. I have absolutely LOVED (and will continue to love) participating in this little link up that is hosted by Clare from Fitting It All In. Such a perfect wrap up of the week Thanks for hosting and for coming up with such a great idea, Clare!
Five Things I Ate:
- This delicious power bowl containing: Broccoli slaw, spinach, roasted cauliflower, roasted broccoli, roasted zucchini, roasted sweet potato, spinach, and hummus. So good!
- This green smoothie full of matcha powder. I was so excited to have a big GREEN smoothie for breakfast yesterday–I put in some avocado for the first time, lots of spinach and matcha…I did NOT realize the strong flavor the matcha would have and I think I put too much in…at least for the first time. I finished the smoothie, but I definitely need to tweak the flavor. Oops!
- The Lean Green Bean’s Health Breakfast Bars. I actually made these a couple of months ago and froze them, so this week I pulled them out of the freezer for Brian to eat for breakfast, and after my 10 mile run on Wednesday, I was pretty hungry with a craving for something starchy and sweet…so I had one of these bad boys! Delicious! Definitely check out the recipe.
- Kevita probiotic drink. Gotta get my hands on more!
- Macadamia nuts. I LOVE them! I love the crunch, the round shape, the flavor, and the fact that they are so cute!
- HIT (High Intensity Training Class)
- 10 mile run (woo for double digits!)
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- My Martha Stewart Collection Sistema Lunch Containers! I know, totally dorky, but I use these containers just about every. single. day. They are functional, cute, and just the right size! If you pack salads for lunch I highly recommend picking up a couple for yourself
- Warm weather! Two weeks in a row, my running group was able to wear shorts. Woo!
- Double digit miles…I can’t believe it has been 6 months since my running mileage was in the double digits. I am so thankful the run felt great and my legs were strong and did not get super sore the next day.
- Friend dates! Can’t wait to see some girlfriends this weekend
- Meal ideas from all of you!! On Wednesday, I explained that I was in a bit of a food rut and luckily you all had plenty of creative juices flowing and gave me wonderful meal ideas! Here are some of the ideas:
*Asian-inspired noodle bowls
*Going through the Well Fed cook books
Thank you for so many great ideas!!!
Posts I Have Loved:
- WIAW: Why 1200 is so, so wrong via The Real Life RD
- Photography Tutorial-Editing a Photo from Start to Finish via Fit Foodie Finds
- Foods with More Sodium than a Bag of Potato Chips via Women’s Health Magazine
- Thoughts on American Blogger via The REWM
- Meal Planning How To via Stupid Easy Paleo
- Kitchen Sink Vegan Cookies via An Avocado a Day
- On Finding Normal in a Changing Decade via Sometimes Always Never
- The Ideal Length for Everything Online via Buffer
- How to be the Best Food Blogger of All via Joy the Baker
- Creative Storage Solutions via Lauren Conrad
- 22 Awesome Things Only Tall Girls Understand via Thought Catalog
- 10 Things to do Your First 3 Months of Blogging via The SITS Girls
Previous Five Things Friday Posts:
- Five Things Friday 4.4.2014
- Five Things Friday 3.28.2014
- Five Things Friday 3.14.2014
- Five Things Friday 3.7.2014
- Five Things Friday 2.21.2014
- Five Things Friday 2.14.2014
- Five Things Friday 2.7.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.31.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.24.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.17.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.3.2014
- Five Things Friday 12.6.2013