Good morning and TGIF!!
Yesterday was a looong day at work for me, not necessarily the busiest day, but I taught a group fitness class before work and then stayed late to help cover the desk during a staff meeting. While I love my job, I was very happy when I was able to come home for the night 🙂
I’m also happy it’s Friday because this weekend is jam-packed. Brian and I are heading to dinner and drinks with friends at Bakersfield tonight, then tomorrow we are celebrating the summer solstice by going to the Indianapolis Monumental Yoga (if you are an Indy person and will be there, let me know!!), we have a friend wedding tomorrow night, at some point I need to pack because Sunday Brian and I hit the road for South Carolina. Yay!
Lots going on, and lots to be happy about! Here is a peak at my week through five things Friday.
PS: The giveaway winner for Pure Via Stevia has been announced! Check it out!
Five Things I Ate:
- My lunch salad this week was so yummy! I started out by eating the cucumbers, then I dumped the salmon on top of all the other fun salad ingredients.
The rest of the salad included: spinach, tomatoes, roasted acorn squash, carrots, celery, dijon, hummus, salmon, and white wine vinegar. Delish!
- I tried something new for me for dinners this week: stir fry! I just tossed any veggie that looked good into a pan and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic. After the veggies were tender I added in some beans, then transferred the mixture to a bowl. One day I topped the yummy veggies with avocado and nutritional yeast, the other day I just ate the veggies and beans on their own. Both ways are delicious!
With avocado and nutritional yeast
Just veggies and beans
- Another lunch I enjoyed this week was a bean salad with raw veggies on the side. Recipe coming soon!
- Brian and I hit up Broad Ripple Ice Cream Shop (BRICS) this week for a frozen treat.
I heard about this cute ice cream shop while in college and we have driven by it about a million and a half times, so finally I told Brian we HAD to try it out and I am so glad we did!
I enjoyed the Broad Ripple Blackberry ice cream.
Brian enjoyed the yellow cake batter ice cream (and I may have had a bite or two…or 5!)
- Oats with blueberries and banana for breakfast!
Nothing new here!
It was SO hot on Tuesday when we did our tabata workout outside, so afterwards I had everyone pose like we were passed out on the lawn because of the heat 🙂
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- I ordered my first Fabletics outfit for only $25!
A co-worker of mine told me about Fabletics a couple of months ago, and since then I feel like I have seen it everywhere…so I had to break down and try it out 😉 Fabletics is Kate Hudson’s fitness-ware company. The way that it works is you complete a lifestyle quiz, Fabletics suggests outfits for you (yes outfits!), then you get to buy the outfits that you really love. The prices seem amazing, and I have honestly only heard good things about the fit of the clothes and the quality so I’ll let you know what I think once I get my outfit.
The first outfit you order is $25 and after that, the outfits are around $50. Most outfits come with bottoms, top, and sports bra but some come with headbands, scarves, and some don’t come with any clothes at all! For instance, you can get a yoga kit or a travel kit instead of workout clothing. It’s totally up to you.
This is the outfit I picked, but I switched the top to gray and the bra to match the bottoms 🙂
- Wedding season! I mentioned this last week too 🙂
I adore weddings and can’t wait to go to a wedding this weekend and next weekend. I also have a coworker that is getting married this weekend, so we wanted to make sure he knew how excited we were for him…
- OK, so I don’t love packing but it’s making me happy because that means it’s almost vacation time.
- Monumental Yoga-last summer it was so fun! I am just hoping it doesn’t rain this year.
Some pics from last year
- Meeting up with friends for dinner and drinks tonight! Brian and I haven’t been to Bakersfield in quite some time, so I am really looking forward to some of their delicious guacamole and margaritas 🙂
Posts I Have Loved:
- 25 Min AMRAP Workout via Nutrition Nut on the Run
- I Had to Put on Weight and This is How I Coped via Sarah Wilson
- Negative Body Image Knows No Body Type via The Lunchbox Diaries
- Plan and Prep Salad In a Jar via Fitnessista
- The Best Kale Salad via Eating Bird Food
- How to Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg via Housewife Glamour
- The Power of a Compliment via She Rocks Fitness
Tell me something awesome about your week/weekend!
Previous Five Things Friday Posts:
- Five Things Friday 6.13.2014
- Five Things Friday 6.6.2014
- Five Things Friday 5.30.2014
- Five Things Friday 5.23.2014
- Five Things Friday 5.16.2014
- Five Things Friday 5.9.2014
- Five Things Friday 5.2.2014
- Five Things Friday 4.25.2014
- Five Things Friday 4.18.2014
- Five Things Friday 4.11.2014
- Five Things Friday 4.4.2014
- Five Things Friday 3.28.2014
- Five Things Friday 3.14.2014
- Five Things Friday 3.7.2014
- Five Things Friday 2.21.2014
- Five Things Friday 2.14.2014
- Five Things Friday 2.7.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.31.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.24.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.17.2014
- Five Things Friday 1.3.2014
- Five Things Friday 12.6.2013