Happy Friday the 13th! Can you believe we are already midway through March? I can’t!
This week has been very productive in the study department. Honestly, at the beginning of the week I was having a little freak out about not having enough time to get everything done that I needed to get done. Luckily, Brian and I sat down together to outline my schedule for the rest of the semester and I am just feeling so much better about things. By this time next month I will be gearing up for finals and kissing the prerequisite courses goodbye!! I can’t wait.
This weekend, Brian and I are heading to Breckenridge for a little ski action.
I’m a little nervous since it’s been over a month since we hit the slopes last, but I am just going to take it slow and bring some reading materials so that I can peacefully chill out while Brian skis his little heart out. I do enjoy myself while skiing, but I am ok with going a couple of times and calling it a day I’m still a newbie!
One more thing before I take off onto Five Things Friday business…remember that mystery mascara I mentioned a while ago!? HA, well I am a total goober and never told you what that mascara actually is!
The mystery mascara is the Benefit Roller Lash:
I am still using and loving it…so I would say that I recommend it! So sorry for the delay on that!
Now onto the regularly schedule Five Things Friday
Five Things I Ate:
- Thai Chicken Burgers (with slight modifications to make them low FODMAP…seriously amazing! I am going to write down my modifications and share them with you soon!)
- Rejuvinating Bowl….holy smokes. This. Was. Good. I loved the combination of flavors and textures. This will seriously be made again
- Egg White Banana Oats (always a tasty morning meal!)
- A new-to-me lunchtime salad combo…kale, finely chopped broccoli, shredded carrots, lentils, walnuts, dijon and red wine vinegar dressing. Yum!
Five Workouts I Did:
- Taught Bodypump
- Taught Boot Camp
Post Boot Camp #selfie (but Brian took it…so does that still make it a selfie?)
- Indoor cycling
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Having my study schedule all figure out for the next month. It makes me feel much more at ease when I am not studying knowing that I have ample time built in for it at other times.
- Clearing out my inbox(es)!! Oh yes…it never takes long, but I just have to empty out the inboxes. I like to respond to e-mails as quickly as possible, file for later in organized folders and keep things clean! Do you like to keep your e-mail clean, or do you let them accumulate? I realize…I am just a little OCD about this
- Talking with Kate Scarlata.
Remember how I am having tummy troubles? Well, things are about 70% better thanks to low FODMAPs, but that’s still not where I want to be. I was feeling a bit lost and I wanted to make sure I understood everything that was going on inside of me and I wanted to make sure that I was effectively communicating with my GI doctor (it’s harder than you think!). I was lucky enough to set up an appointment with Kate and chat with her on the phone. She gave me SO much guidance, information, possibilities, and made me feel very confident that I will make more progress after my next GI appointment on Monday. It was also pretty cool to have a consultation with an RD since I am going to be one some day!
- Dance Floor Filth Remixes/Mashups for working out. These mashups are so fun, super high energy, and have an awesome beat that is excellent for group fitness.
J from J’s Everyday Fashion posted this dress earlier in the week and I loved it so much (can dress it up, dress it down, it’s super cute, and looks cozy!) I just had to order it in bright blue. Can’t wait for it to arrive!
Five Pins I Love:
Feel free to follow me on Pinterest here!! I promise it’s not all food and fitness
- Tips for growing vegetables and herbs in containers (I’m hoping to have a garden on our balcony this year!!)
Posts I Have Loved:
- 10 Ancient Grains You Should be Eating via Dietitian Brittany
- 13 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes via Chocolate Covered Katie
- 9 Great Yoga Youtube Channels via Huffington Post
- What is “Other” in iPhone Storage via Popsugar
- Orange Balsamic Chicken Recipe via To Live and Diet in LA
- Salted Chocolate Almond No Bake Granola Bars via Well Plated
- Paleo Carrot Cake via The Roasted Root
- Banana Recipes via Imma eat that
- Things You Should Know via The Real Life RD
- Why I Changed My Reasons for Exercising via The Athletarian
- It’s Your Mind Not Your Body via Sarah Fit
- Glass vs Plastic Containers via Home Food Safety
- Healthy Bounty Bars via The Big Man’s World
- Healthier Peanut Butter Eggs via Detoxinista
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispies with Peanut Butter “Fudge” via Oh She Glows
- The Art of Moderation via Fitnessista
- It’s Ok to Cry via Hummusapien
Lots of good reads this week!
Bernie and I hope you have a great weekend!
- I love it when you share about your week…so share away!