Happy Friday 🙂 Hopefully this is a long weekend for you due to Memorial Day being on Monday!! I also hope the weather is a little better where you are. Remember all the sunshine and warmth we had here in Denver in the late winter? Well, I’d say we have had a solid month of gray days, chilly temps and rain…kind of crazy but I know the sun will peak out soon so it’s ok!
As for Memorial Day Weekend plans, Brian and I may hike with a couple of friends tomorrow morning (weather dependent) but one thing I know for sure is that on Monday we will be running the Bolder Boulder 10k!
It’s apparently one of the best 10k races in the country…have any of you ever ran this race? Are any of you running it this year? If you are, let me know! I love meeting readers and other bloggers!
Other than that, I’d say our weekend is looking pretty chill, and I am totally fine with that 🙂
Alright, let’s take a look at the week with a little Five Things Friday!
Five Things I Ate:
This week I ate a lot of things that were kind of thrown together based on ideas I had going through my mind rather than recipes…take a peek to see how my mind works at meal time!
- This chicken fajita bowl! I placed cooked brown rice on the bottom, grilled chicken in the middle, and roasted veggies with my low FODMAP taco seasoning on top. YUM! (I added some avocado to Brian’s and he loved it!)
- I think I’ll call this “Sesame Quinoa Veggie Chicken Bowl.” This was a base of quinoa, broccoli, chopped carrots, sesame seeds, and peanuts. I then added in a “dressing” of ginger, rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, and chives, and I mixed in some grilled chicken. Delish!
- This was a lunch time salad with warm brown rice on the bottom, romaine from my friend Liz’s garden (yum!), leftover veggies from the first meal pictured, low FODMAP salmon cakes (made a batch for the week on Sunday), and chopped tomatoes. So tasty.
- Lots of my lunches look very similar to this bowl. Sauteed spinach, broccoli and carrots, tomato, hard boiled egg and brown rice. I topped this with a little walnut oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Grilled salmon over a bed of sauteed kale with a side of coconut oil roasted potatoes. Easy and simple!
- Taught Bodypump
- 5.5 mile run
Felt so good to log some early miles!
- Total strength group fitness class
- Tabata class this morning!
Top Five Pins:
Follow me on Pinterest here! 🙂
- I’m finding lots of photography tips on Pinterest!
- Lentils in baked goods? Gotta try!
- I’m obsessed with Peonies 🙂
- Brian and I went here on our honeymoon!
- I just love this.
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Running my first race this year! I hear the Bolder Boulder is an absolute blast, so I’m really looking forward to it.
- Peonies!! Trader Joe’s had some for sale for only $6.99 a couple of weeks ago!! I just had to get my hands on them 🙂 They were all closed up and are finally blooming and beautiful.
- Bernie’s nap time. He is just so adorable when he sleeps on ALL the pillows on the couch 🙂
- Being accepted into the Recipe ReDux. I posted my first recipe as part of the challenge yesterday 🙂 I had so much fun creating it and I am loving being part of the community!!
- LOVE Grown!!! (Keep reading for the giveaway details!)
OK, so as you guys may know, I am a Love Grown Love Blogger because I truly LOVE this company. I feel so lucky to live local, which has allowed me to meet Maddy and the Love Grown team a couple of times!
So, I’m not sure if you know this but Maddy and Alex (the amazing couple that founded Love Grown Foods) are getting married in like a WEEK!! How exciting 🙂 Because of this, I want to host a Love Blogger Wedding Giveaway!
One TITK reader (must live in the US) will win Alex and Maddy’s FAVORITE Love Grown flavors:
- Original Power O’s
- Cocoa Goodness Oat Clusters (<–definitely my favorite too!)
- Strawberry Raspberry Hot Oats
- Blueberry Super Oats Packet
- Nuts & Seeds Super Oats (<–also a favorite of mine!)
- Chocolate Mighty Flakes
How to Enter:
Use the Rafflecopter below to enter the giveaway!
Not sure how to use the Rafflecopter? First, log-in with either Facebook or an e-mail address.
Once you are logged in, you can pick and choose how you want to enter the giveaway. Just go down the list within the rafflecopter box and enter every way possible, or just one way…it’s up to you! Just follow the prompts in the box.
The giveaway ends Wednesday, May 27 at 12am MT and the winner will be e-mailed.
- What are your Memorial Day plans?!