Today, I have a little something different for all of you! Chloe from A Latte Lipstick emailed me a couple of weeks ago about doing a “blog takeover” so that our readers to get to know a fellow blogger. What a fun idea! I’m excited to introduce you to Chloe and to have her “take over” my blog for the day! Enjoy!
Hello friends! It’s Chloe, blogger behind A Latte Lipstick, a blog that shares ways to keep women feeling strong, fit and happy, with some fashion and life sprinkled in the mix. I’m so excited to be sharing a post with Treble in the Kitchen readers and hope you come join me over on A Latte Lipstick sometime soon! Read below for a delicious brunch recipe that will leave your tummy grumbling and cause you to question why you aren’t brunching at this very moment.
Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day! Unfortunately, it’s usually not practical for me to make a full on breakfast during the week, so I always like to enjoy a lazy brunch on the weekends with friends. Brunch is the ultimate work–is-over-until-Monday celebration. I rarely miss a brunch date.
Whether you go out, or enjoy it in your cozy kitchen, brunch is the best. Some weekends I prefer brunching at my apartment with the fiancé instead of a restaurant. This way, I can feel treated and special, but not break the bank. On more occasions then one, he is the sweetie who makes it for me, but this past weekend I treated him to a delicious mouthful of egg, peppers and sweet potatoes.
Veggie sweet potato hash and I are just meant to be together. The tastes pair so well with a latte, sweetened with honey, and keeps you full for the better part of your afternoon. This brunch combo gives you enough energy to get you through a nice run or workout, or a crazy amount of errands you have to run. For your sake, I hope the former. This meal has protein and carbs, sweet and salty, and coffee. What more do you need in life?
Making the perfect brunch for two:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Sprinkle of Salt
- Sprinkle of Pepper
- 3 Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Set oven to 450 degrees.
- Put a tablespoon of butter in a skillet. Once it completely melts and gets kind of foamy, add in the onions.
- While the onions are caramelizing, it’s time to chop! Chop up the garlic, rosemary, peppers, and jalapenos.
- Cube the sweet potatoes and put in a large bowl.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add the peppers and jalapenos to the skillet and stir.
- After about 5 minutes, add the skillet mixture in the sweet potatoes bowl and stir in the sliced rosemary, garlic, and olive oil.
- Line a baking tray and evenly spread the mixture out. Bake for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Take out of the oven and create two divets. Crack egg into the divets.
- Put skillet back in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are firm.
Hope you all enjoy the recipe! Let us know what you think in the comments!