Hearty quinoa, crunchy bell peppers, sweet tomatoes, creamy avocado, filling black beans, and your favorite zesty salsa all come together in a make-ahead lunch that will last all week long (or serve a crowd!).
Hey friends! I apologize for the short hiatus, but it’s finals season (took my second exam yesterday!) so, I’m really dedicating most of my energy to studying.
Even though I’m hitting the books hard, I still wanted to pop in for a quick Recipe Redux day!
This month, the theme is all about lunch.
Limpin’ Along for Lunch:
Ever get in a lunch rut? Need new ideas for packing your kids’ or your own lunch? Are packable noontime options dwindling? Surely you’ve met the ‘What shall I pack for lunch?’ question head-on with creative ideas. Please share your healthy lunch recipe – so we can swap it into our own routine.
While I don’t pack my own lunch, I do put together tasty lunches for Brian each week! This quinoa taco salad has been in our lunchtime rotation for quite some time.
This salad is super easy to make and it can be made at the beginning of your week to serve as lunches all week long!
We typically serve this taco salad over a bed of spinach or romaine. Brian loves eating it with a side of tortilla chips. Plantain chips would be another great side (instead of the tortilla chips), some fruit, and your lunch box should be good to go!
Add a little spice into your lunchtime rotation with this easy Quinoa Taco Salad! Click To Tweet
Voila! Lunch has been served:
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled quinoa
- In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, salsa, black beans, cumin and lime. Gently stir until combined.
- Incorporate the quinoa into the veggie and salsa mixture.
- Store in an airtight container and serve over a bed of greens.