Hey and Happy Friday! (or should I say Fri-YAY!). This week was slow to start, but now that it’s actually Friday I’m feeling like “where did the week go!?” I have my second to last final today with one more on Monday. So far, I’ve done well on all of my previous tests, so I’m hoping those good vibes carry through for these next couple of tests.
This week, I celebrated my birthday on Wednesday (I turned 27!!).
(It’s really hard to get a photo of these balloons in the correct place!)
I started the day with a wonderful and super hot yoga class at Yoga Pod, followed by a short jog with Bernie. I then spent the majority of the day singing with my singing group! (The Denver Dolls with YearRound Sound)
When Brian and I both got home, we took Bernie on a little walk to a bakery I’ve been wanting to try called Beet Box. GUYS…it was SO amazing! I got the carmel pecan brownie (gluten free) and a carrot cake cupcake (also gluten free) for Brian and I to share and literally felt like I was licking the plate clean. It was that good 🙂
This weekend, we have more birthday festivities with our friends! We will be trying a new-to-us place for dinner followed by an adventure at the Escape Room (has anyone tried it!) followed by dessert at home 🙂
It’s also supposed to snow a bit this weekend, so I imagine that I will do some baking, relaxing and just enjoy being cozy.
Here are some Five Things Friday!
Five Things I Ate:
- Coconut Flour Pancakes with peanut butter and fruit for my birthday breakfast. These will never get old!
- This Kale Salad (with grilled chicken and roasted sweet potato fries made by Brian for my birthday)
- A nourish bowl with lentils, millet, steamed carrots mixed with lemon juice and tamari, and sautéed spinach.
- A delicious and springy salad (romaine topped with orange slices, blueberries, strawberries, cucumber, carrot, chicken, and quinoa)
- Delicious baked goods from Beet Box!
Five Workouts I Did:
- Taught Bodypump
- Boot Camp
- Hot Yoga
- Ran 6 miles with Bernie
- Tabata (this morning)
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- My birthday! I loved celebrating on Wednesday and I am so glad I get to celebrate again on Saturday.
- ALMOST being done with finals.
- Singing with the Denver Dolls. Those girls are just the best and singing with them is SO fun 🙂
- Getting my nails done. I got a birthday manicure with a very springy pink color, despite the snow coming!
- Feeling really good and not totally exhausted and dead after my longer runs with Bernie. I think I’m almost ready for the half!
I haven’t done much blog reading this week, so I don’t have any links to share with ya!
I hope you had a wonderful week and have an even better weekend ahead! Catch ya on Monday!
- Share a highlight from your week with me!