Your favorite vegetables and any fish pair together in packets of foil that for an easy baked fish dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes.
While I LOVE experimenting in the kitchen with new-to-me ingredients, recipes and techniques, when it comes to week night dinners I am just like the rest of the world. I want things simple, delicious, healthy, nourishing, and satisfying.
I’ve started adding these foil packets of fish into my weekly routine because I can have a complete and EASY baked fish dinner on the table in under 30 minutes (and they taste amazing!!).
This recipe is also great because it is SO versatile. I have used cod, tilapia, mahi mahi, and salmon to make these foil packets with wonderful results. I also like to switch up the vegetables. Basically a cup and a half of your favorite veggies in each packet will do the trick.
Another way to switch things up is with the seasoning. Sometimes I’ll spread a bit of homemade pesto over the fish, sometimes I go with a touch of salt and pepper, sometimes I’ll add a bit of lemon…the possibilities are endless!
I hope you enjoy this amazingly delicious and simple recipe! (and let me know of any variations you make!)
- 2 fillets of white fish (I prefer cod, but you can also use mahi mahi, tilapia, or even salmon-which is not a white fish)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 cup diced potato
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (I used zucchini and carrots, but you can use whatever is seasonal in your area)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Lay two large pieces of foil on a baking sheet.
- Combine ½ Tbsp olive oil with the herbs and vegetables in a bowl and mix until combine.
- Spread the remaining olive oil on the foil (this is to prevent the fish and vegetables from sticking to the foil).
- Divide the vegetables in half among the two sheets of foil.
- Place one piece of fish on top of the vegetables.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon on each of the foil packets.
- On one packet, bring the two sides of the foil together and crimp together tightly at the top rolling down toward the fish. Then, roll the top and bottom in towards the center of the packet. There should be nearly no air pockets.
- Repeat on the other foil packet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the fish is 145 degrees fahrenheit.