It’s the weekend! I felt very busy with some blog projects, an experiential internship, and just life this week, so for me this week seriously FLEW!
This weekend is the Colfax Half Marathon and we are dog sitting. That means our weekend will consist of long walks, early nights in, and lots of dog kisses! I can’t wait 🙂
Now, let’s recap some highlights from the week with a Five Things Friday post.
Five Things I Ate:
- I did quite a bit of recipe testing for an upcoming blog project and LOVED eating the results for dinner. Pictured is a grilled chicken burger and a chopped salad.
- Coconut flour pancakes (always!)
- This was a simple “throw-random-things-together” dinner. I roasted zucchini, bell pepper, and sweet potato in olive oil and some fajita-like seasonings. I then topped that mixture with sautéed kale, and then I topped that with grilled chicken. The end result was really tasty!
- Yummy salads for lunch. I typically make a large batch of roasted veggies on the weekend, so my lunch salads consist of greens, roasted veggies, protein (like hardboiled egg, chicken, or tuna), and then dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. So simple and super tasty.
- Cake. Totally had a piece of Brian’s birthday cake 🙂
Five Workouts I Did:
It’s race week!
- Boot Camp
- LOTS of long walks with the dogs (we are dog sitting again!)
- 4 mile run with Bernie
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- It’s peony season!! I purchased a few at Trader Joe’s this morning and they are just GORGEOUS!!
- I’m also LOVING all of the beautiful flowers that I see while walking and running around.
- My upcoming race. I always get a bit nervous, but when it comes to the actual day I will be super excited 🙂
- Dog sitting. It’s so fun having another pup to cuddle with!
- Lunch dates with local blogger friends!
Posts I Have Loved:
- How to Create a Posting Schedule for Instagram | BGB Community
- Oven Baked Rutabaga Fries | Peanut Butter Fingers
- 5 Best Podcasts for Running | Just a Colorado Gal
- Quinoa Salad Collard Wraps | Cotter Crunch
- Bodyweight Pyramid Workouts Targeting Obliques | Pumps and Iron
That’s all I have for today. Have a wonderful weekend and share some highlights from your week down below!!