This recipe and all of grill week are sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
Day two of Grill Week is all about the sides. This Zesty Italian Chopped Salad is inspired by that wonderful pasta salad that made an appearance at every summer get together that I attended as a child.
The difference? This salad includes all the veggies in the original (plus a few extra!) tossed with homemade dressing that is just as flavorful and zippy as the store-bought stuff (but lacks the crazy preservatives).
So much flavor in one bite!! This salad will be the perfect dish for you to bring to any summer grilling/potluck event.
This salad pairs perfectly with the Chicken Avocado Burgers I shared on Monday. The two make for a perfect summertime meal!
In the event that there are leftovers (while I suspect that will be highly unlikely), this salad can be stored in the fridge and used on top of a bed of lettuce for a tasty lunch or piled on a plate as an easy dinner side dish.
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (I prefer orange, red, or yellow)
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and black olives). Stir until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the dressing (olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives, parsley, lemon juice, basil, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper).
- Pour the dressing over the mixed vegetables and stir to combine.
More Side Dishes Perfect for Grilling:
I am sharing this post in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. As always all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands and companies that make it possible for me to continue sharing quality content with you!