Thank goodness for the weekend! Hopefully you have some fun activities on the agenda and nice summer weather headed your way.
Brian and I are still trying to figure out what we are planning to do, but I think our plans will include a hike, possibly some time at the dog park with Bernie, and hitting up the farmers market.
To kick off the weekend, I’m going to share some snippets from my week and things that are making me happy in a Five Things Friday post!
Five Things I Ate:
- Lunch time salads with ALL the veggies. This bowl contains arugula, roasted veggies (I made a big batch on Monday to top salads with during the week), tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, and grilled chicken. Some days I also toss the greens with the roasted veggies in a sauté pan for a little variety. Loving salad season!
- Smoothie bowls. These are seriously the perfect breakfast after a morning run in the heat (it was up to 100 degrees this week!)
- More salad action, but this one was enjoyed outside with a little magazine reading on my lunch break. So nice!
- Cabbage Paneer (I attended an Indian Cooking class with Uncorked and this was one of the dishes we made!)
- Chicken Tikka Masala and Dal (both made in the cooking class…there are more details below!)
Five Workouts I Did:
- Completed an easy 4ish mile run
- Completed a speed interval run workout
- Boot camp
- Headed to tabata and doing some weights this morning
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Going to the A Taste of India Cooking Class with Uncorked and my friend Kate!
Uncorked is a cooking school new to the Denver area that focuses on inviting all people to come to the kitchen to enjoy the process of making food together. Uncorked also has a wine bar, which makes the cooking a bit more fun too! 😉
I plan on writing in more detail about my experience in my monthly “Things I’m Loving…” post next week, but I HAD to mention the class this week too. It was SO amazing 🙂
I received a complimentary class for me and a friend, but all opinions are my own. If you are in the Denver area and want to check it out, use the promo code trebleinthekithen15 to receive 15% off any Date Night or Adult Event 🙂
- The summer heat!! It has been H-O-T here in Denver, but I really am loving every minute of it.
- Working on my speed while running. Recently, I started running with a friend who is an incredible runner to up my speed. The workouts have been tough, but really fun (I love a good challenge!)
- I am half way done with my summer semester. 4 weeks down and 4 weeks to go then I get an entire month off…cannot wait!
- My mom comes to visit in one week, and then my sister and her boyfriend come shortly after. Another thing I can’t wait for! 🙂
Posts I Have Loved:
- Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Snack Bars from Hummusapien
- No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Bites from Cotter Crunch
- Your Body Isn’t a Battlefield from The Real Life RD
- Superset Strength Workout from Pinterest
- Lunges for Days Leg Workout from Peanut Butter Fingers
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!!
- Share one thing you are looking forward to this weekend 🙂