This week, I worked a lot on school projects as I finish up this summer semester. Next week is the last week, so the end is in sight! I don’t have a ton planned this weekend so that I can stay focused on school work and relaxing before finishing up my coursework next week. Despite being busy with school, I DID make time to eat delicious food and move my body 🙂
I hope you all had a great week too and have something to look forward to during the weekend! Catch ya next week!
Here is a little Five Things Friday…
Five Things I Ate:
- SMOOTHIE! This smoothie had a frozen banana, unsweetened almond milk, Vega Clean Protein in Chocolate, frozen spinach (game changer!), and peanut butter. Perfect after a sweaty run outside!
- Zoodles with herbs from my balcony garden and almond chicken. Will make sure to share the recipe soon.
- Nourish Bowl with sautéed spinach and kale, sprouted brown rice, steamed carrots with lemon juice and tahini, lentils, and roasted summer squash.
- This lunch bowl had leftover rice, leftover roasted veggies, spinach, and tuna all tossed together in a sauté pan to heat it up.
- Lunch salad full of romaine, cherry tomatoes, roasted vegetables, smoked trout, cucumbers, and sauerkraut. Yum!
Five Workouts I Did:
- Completed an hour easy run with Bernie
- Pure Barre (went 2 times this week!) these barre workouts are always so humbling to me.
- Strength workout at Pearl Street Fitness (planning on going again today)
- A speed running workout
- Walking the dog! 🙂
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Reminiscing about our weekend in the Sand Dunes. Seriously so.much.fun.
- The summer heat. It’s nearly 90 degrees here in Denver on the daily and I really love it. To me, the hotter the better 🙂
- Biking to Pure Barre classes. A friend has a bike that she doesn’t use during the day, so I’ve been borrowing it to bike to Pure Barre. It’s been fun to get outside and move my body in a way I don’t normally do. I forgot how fun biking is!
- Being ALMOST done with the semester. I LOVE and ADORE learning, but I could use a break right about now…
- My speed training for running. I’ve been training with a friend who is a super fast and very experienced runner and I have really seen improvements on my time. It’s honestly so surprising to me and really fun to see my time improve.
Five Posts I Have Loved:
- Easy Green Goddess Spiralized Salad | Cotter Crunch
- 4 Surprising Facts About Hydration | To Live and Diet in LA
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Diet | Kate Scarlata
- July Seasonal Produce List | Uproot Kitchen
- Standing Core Workout | Pumps and Iron
Let’s Hear it!
- Share details about your week with me! What’s the best thing you ate? The best workout?