Enjoy the harvest of summer in this light and refreshing Lemon Herb Zoodle (zucchini noodle) with Almond Chicken dish!
Before we jump into that plate of fresh, herby zucchini noodle deliciousness…let’s talk about the weekend!
After visiting family in Indiana last week, Brian and I were CRAVING time in the mountains. We made sure to plan our Saturday around getting a hike in. Because I did have a few #adult things to get done on Saturday, I knew we couldn’t hike all day so we picked a hike in Evergreen, CO called Chief Mountain.
This was a PERFECT hike to get done on a day when I wanted to get lots of other stuff done too. While it’s great to spend all day in the mountains, sometimes I’ve got to find that balance between being in the great outdoors and actually being productive.
The trail head was only about an hour from our Denver apartment, but It was pretty hidden. Make sure to read up on how to spot it from the side of the road!
The hike itself was quick, but absolutely beautiful. The entire hike is only 2.8 miles out and back, but on the way out it’s pretty much all up hill.
The thing that set this hike apart from other moderate/easier hikes (compared to 14ers or the sand dunes or other Colorado craziness) is the view from the top! This hike gives you the beautiful 360º views like you are on top of the world, without taking all day or totally zapping your energy.
So fun, and the absolute BEST way to start the weekend (in my opinion 😉 ).
OK, now about those herby zoodles with almond chicken.
While I am totally ready for cooler weather, hot lattes, scarves, boots and all things fall I’m definitely still enjoying all of the herbs in my herb garden (because they are the ONLY plants that came out edible this year…) and with those herbs comes zucchini, naturally.
This dinner came to fruition on a night when I was short on time, had minimal ingredients in the kitchen and needed something fast. It’s a simple, easy, and quick meal that is satisfying and full of nutrients and the fruits of summer.
I whipped it up so fast, that all I did was snap an iPhone picture and post it on instagram!
When I posted this picture, MANY of you said “please share!” So, I apologize for the delay, but I’m finally sharing this fresh and tasty summery meal of zucchini noodles, herbs, and almond chicken!
Easy dinner alert! Lemon herb zoodles with almond chicken to please the crowd. #nowwellness… Click To Tweet
If you try this Lemon Herb Zoodle with Almond Chicken recipe, snap a pic and share it on Instagram tagging #trebleinthekitchen so I can see!
- 3 large zucchini or 6 small zucchini (I typically use smaller zucchini because of my spiral tool)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- I batch of Almond Chicken Tenders
- Make the almond chicken tenders according to the recipe.
- While the chicken tenders are cooking, spiral the zucchini using a hand-held spiralizer or a countertop spiralizer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Toss the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes in the warm olive oil. Gently stir until heated through.
- Once heated through, mix in the lemon juice, chives, basil, salt and pepper.
- Top with the almond chicken tenders and enjoy!
Here are a few other easy dinners:
Questions of the Day:
- What did you do this weekend? Was it fun, productive, or both?
- Are you ready for fall, or still loving summer flavors?!