These energy bites are perfect for a quick snack when you’re on the go!
Now Foods provided me with the hemp seeds, chia seeds, oats, and maple syrup for this recipe as part of an ongoing partnership. All opinions are my own.
This past weekend, Brian went on a super fun (and super muddy/rainy!) camping trip with several of our friends. We traveled to Crested Butte, CO which is about 4 hours away from our Denver homes. While being in the car for more than a couple of hours is never ideal, this drive was well worth it. The town of Crested Butte is absolutely adorable, the scenery is stunning, and we hear (it was too rainy for us to give it a go) that the hikes are fantastic.
While we weren’t able to participate in hiking due to the super rainy weather, the overall experience was just so fun. I am thankful for the time we were able to spend with our friends, and I’m thankful that we got to experience the quaint and welcoming town of Crested Butte!
Now these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites?
They’ve been my go-to recently for pre-running fuel, afternoon snacks, and I pop them in my bag whenever I’m on the go. Naturally, I brought these portable little bites on the camping trip.
Made of a handful of ingredients and easily tossed together, these peanut buttery bites are too simple NOT to have on hand for those snack moments.
Not only do they taste great, but they are full of nutrients from:
- Hemp Seeds | high in omega 3 fatty acids
- Chia Seeds | high in fiber, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids
- Protein | slows digestion giving these bites “staying power”
- Oatmeal | good source of potassium, calcium, and fiber
If you do any sort of meal prep at the start of the week, these bites would be a wonderful addition. Typically, I make these energy bites up and store them in the fridge or the freezer for a couple of weeks (or until they are gone).
Simple ingredients make the perfect #snack in these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites! Click To Tweet
If you try these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites, snap a pic and share it on Instagram tagging #trebleinthekitchen so I can see!
- 1½ cup oats
- 2 scoops of your favorite unflavored protein powder (I enjoy Vital Proteins Marine Collagen)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1Tbsp chia seed (I loveNOW Foods)
- 1 Tbsp hemp seed (I love NOW Foods)
- ½ cup creamy, natural peanut butter (other nut butters will work)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- Combine all ingredients with your hands in a large bowl.
- Lightly wet your palms and fingertips and roll the mixture into bite sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE SNACK IDEAS?
Questions of the Day:
- What did you do to celebrate the Labor Day weekend?
- What are your go-to snacks?