Sweet potatoes, whole grain brown rice flour and oats come together with sweet cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and coconut sugar to make a tasty snack cookie.
I am sharing this recipe and post in partnership with Now Foods. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for continuing to support me and the brands that make it possible for me to create great content for all of you!
I cannot begin to explain how excited I am that it’s officially November.
While I’m a summer, sun and hot weather girl at heart, there is something pretty darn special about celebrating all the holidays in November and December.
I love being able to spend time with family and friends, the nostalgia, seeing live performances of The Nutcracker or A Christmas Carol, putting up decorations, and making special once a year treat foods 🙂
It’s like a giant cooking and baking marathon in my family and I love every second of it.
While these cookies aren’t really the kind of cookie or treat that I make to celebrate this time of year, I made them because they are subtly sweet (hello chocolate chips!) and they are made with fall flavors (sweet potato and cinnamon are a match made in heaven).
These snack cookies are perfect for popping in your lunch box (kids or adult), packing in your bag, or snacking on during a hike. They are tasty and just the right amount of satisfying to hold you over until your next meal.
Enjoy these taste-of-fall snack cookies that are rich in nutrients and flavor 🙂The perfect between meal snack: Sweet Potato Snack Cookies Click To Tweet
If you make this recipe, I’d love it if you snapped a pic and shared it on instagram with me by tagging #trebleinthekitchen!
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour (I used Now Foods)
- 1 cup rolled oats*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ cup sweet potato, cooked peeled and mashed**
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (brown rice flour to ground ginger). Mix until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix with mixer until combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the dough by hand.
- Place 12 tablespoon sized balls of dough on each cookie sheet. Flatten the balls and bake 14-15 minutes.
**1/2 cup of sweet potato is low FODMAP. The serving in these cookies is below this amount. To cook the sweet potato, cleaned and dried a potato. I then poked holes in it with a fork and covered it with foil. The potato then baked at 400 degrees for about an hour.
More snack recipes:
Question of the Day:
- What do you get excited about as the year comes to an end?!