Place all the ingredients on a sheet pan and roast until delicious. These sheet pan fajitas are one of the easiest meals around, making them perfect for a week night!
*A quick request! Can you head over to the All Access Internships blog to give me a vote between friday, November 4 and Sunday, November 6? I am competing to be America’s Next Top Dietitian! Thank you!
How was the week for all of you? I’ll be completely honest in telling you all that I had a particularly great week.
Monday night, I was able to visit with Marisa and celebrate Halloween, Wednesday I helped a friend with Girls on the Run, Thursday I took over the All Access Internships Instagram Stories as a Top 3 contender for America’s Next Top Dietitian, and this weekend we have friends visiting.
I think I’ve got a permanent smile glued on my face! 🙂
Another reason why I’m smiling? These Sheet Pan Fajitas!
Our friends flew into town on Thursday, so Thursday night I knew I needed a pretty simple yet satisfying meal to serve a crowd. Sheet Pan Fajitas for the win!
This meal is so simple because you just combine all the ingredients (seasonings and all), pop them onto a sheet pan, and roast for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
You can serve as is, with some warmed tortillas, with a side of guacamole, salsa….whatever sounds good to you and your family.
Something else wonderful about this meal is that it is gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP, and delicious for anyone who has a hankering for some South of the border cuisine.
Sheet Pan Fajitas are a simple and delicious way to serve dinner for a crowd! #lowFODMAP Click To Tweet
If you give this recipe a try, make sure to share on Instagram by tagging #trebleinthekitchen so I can see 🙂
- 1 sweet potato, cleaned and chopped into quarter size pieces
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into strips
- 3 carrots, sliced into strips
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or zip-top bag (you may need to do this in two bowls or bags depending on size).
- Spread the seasoned vegetables and chicken on 1-2 sheet pans (again depending on size) so that it is laying in an even layer without too much crowding or overlap.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes (stirring at the 15 minute mark) or until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- Serve as is, with whole grain tortillas, tortilla chips, or however you like.
Looking for more easy weeknight meals?
Chicken Sweet Potato Spinach Curry (crockpot!)
Eggplant Skillet Dinner (one pan!)
Questions of the Day:
- How was this week for you?
- What is something you are looking forward to this weekend?
- What is an easy dinner you make when you have guests visiting?