It’s certainly been a while since I posted a Five Things Friday post on the blog!
Things have been scooting right along here as we prepare for Thanksgiving next week (Brian and I are hosting a “friends-giving”), finals, and the upcoming holiday season. So much to look forward to!
This past week, I actually took my first final. I am so thankful to have one class completely over, and I’m almost done with the others!
Bernie and I enjoyed lots of long walks in warm and sunny weather Monday-Wednesday, but then Thursday it literally snowed all day! While I’m totally a warm weather girl, when it comes to the holidays I adore snowfall so I am pretty happy about the timing of this weather 🙂
This weekend, Brian and I don’t have too much on the agenda so we will be relaxing and getting a few things ready for Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a great weekend too!!
Time for a round of Five Things Friday:
Five Things I Ate:
- Breakfast scrambles full of kale, FODY salsa and a side of frozen banana and berries.
- Chicken and Dumplings (always a winner!)
- Paleo Pad Thai (I subbed in zucchini noodles for the spaghetti squash and shrimp for the chicken)
- Lunch time salads full of greens, leftover roasted vegetables, broccoli slaw, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, hard boiled eggs, dijon mustard and a bit of brown rice. Yum!!
Five Workouts I Did:
- Ran with Bernie
- Ran with a friend
- Yoga Sculpt at CorePower Yoga
- Indoor Cycling
- This morning I’m doing a Tabata and Total Strength class
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Bernie has been so adorable this week (honestly, I think he’s pretty adorable every single week!). He just gets into the smallest little ball on the couch while I am studying during the day and I just can’t handle how cute I think it is!
- Brian and I went to the Andra Day concert on Monday and it was fantastic. She has a huge voice and personality, and the venue was small and intimate so we really felt like we were getting a private show 😉
- The weather! It’s seriously felt like summer all week (picture below), which has been wonderful for walking and running with Bernie. Even though I loved the prolonged heat, I am SO happy about the snow that came yesterday!
- Fall scented essential oils. I plan on doing a post about some of my favorite blend creations, but lately I’ve been loving a mix of orange, nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove. It’s the perfect cozy, fall scent.
- Thanksgiving is next week! 🙂 That also means it’s officially time for all things holiday and I can’t wait!
Five Things I’ve Loved From Around the Web:
- November Seasonal Produce Guide – Uproot Kitchen
- Hamilton Mixtape (for all you Hamilton lovers out there!)
- Plantsgiving – How to Host a Vegan Thanksgiving – Nosh and Nourish
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread Pie – Making Thyme for Health
- Fall 2016 Playlist and Treadmill Workout – Fitnessista
I want to mention one more thing!
This weekend, Sunday, November 20, Pure Barre will be hosting donation based classes to support No Kid Hungry (the same nonprofit that works with Cooking Matters). Instructions for participation are at this link! 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend!
- Share a highlight from your week with me! 🙂