I hope the first week of the month was great for you!
I’ll be honest in saying that while there were many things to be thankful for this first week of the new year there are also a few things that are uncertain. Uncertainty causes me stress and worry, even though I know I need to trust that everything will all work itself out in time.
Anyways, Brian and I are spending the morning in Beaver Creek skiing, which is definitely something to be thankful for and a great start to the new year.
Here’s to enjoying the journey and process of things.
Five Things I Ate:
- Super tasty lunch salad with herby italian salad dressing
- Egg white oats with chia seeds and peanut butter powder
- Chia seed pudding in an empty almond butter jar…delicious snack!
Five Workouts I Did:
- Power 8 Total Body Workout with 1 Dumbbell from Healthy Glow
Check out the Video Trailer to really see what it’s all about.
In short, the Healthy Glow guide is a 6-week balanced food and fitness program with:
- Weekly meal plans with 85 deliciously satisfying recipes (80 of which are gluten-free!)
- Weekly grocery list organized by recipe
- 3 new workouts per week
- Access to workout video library + 4 bonus workouts if they join before January 7th
Anyone who purchases the guide by Saturday, January 7th will receive access to the video library + 4 bonus bodyweight workouts as a free gift (valued at $15).
The Power 8 Workout was PERFECT for a couple of days this week where the weather was too cold to go running outside in the morning (single digits) and too snowy (6+ inches!). The workout was made up of a combination of strength and cardio compound exercises that worked the entire body in just about 25 minutes. I also loved that it only required one piece of equipment, making it perfect for completing at home.
If you’re looking for a community of women to help boost your wellness journey this year, The Healthy Glow Collective is it 🙂
I used a 10lb kettle bell to complete the workout.
- Boot Camp
- 45 minute run
- Quickie Bodyweight Ab Workout
- Skiing this morning (although I mostly stay on the green/easy runs, so I’m not sure how much of a workout it is!)
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Taking Rooney and Bernie to the dog park together. Rooney just got her final round of vaccinations, which means she can safely go to the dog park. I made a quick stop at a snowy dog park yesterday and she had fun, but it was a little cold so we didn’t stay too long.
- Getting back into routine. This week, I played a lot of catch up and did some organizing so that next week when I start my final class I am ready to go!
- The snow! While it’s definitely a challenge to drive in the snow, I love how pretty and soft freshly fallen snow is.
- Rooney photo bombing 😉
- Focusing on my morning routine. This month, I promised myself to establish a morning routine and do my best to stick to it. Each morning this month I have been drinking 20 oz of water, meditating, and moving my body. Doing these things really sets my day out on the right foot. I’m looking forward to continuing these rituals into the weekend!
- Share something awesome about your week with me!