Happy Friday the 13th!
Growing up, I always thought it was cool/fascinating/creepy when the 13th fell on a Friday. I was pretty into ghost stories and scary things (and still am!), so Friday the 13th was just so intriguing 🙂
Any other fellow scary movie lovers out there?
As we grow older (I realize we are far from old) Brian becomes less and less tolerant of scary movies and things of that nature…so I really have to twist his arm to watch something like that with me!
Anyways…about this week! This week was SO much better than last week. You want to know why? I fell into more of a routine, I really focused on my morning time (I mentioned in a newsletter and IG stories that I’m focusing on morning water, meditation, and movement), and I got into a workout groove. I mentioned before Christmas that I was going to try to workout while traveling, but not stress about it so I could soak up all the family time possible…which I did. That being said, I felt SOOOO good to get some hard and consistent workouts in this week. Serious game-changer in the mood department for me.
I started my FINAL class on my journey to become a Registered Dietitian and I am in the throws of the application process. It will feel so good to hit that submit button very very soon.
I hope you all had a wonderful second week of January and enjoy the weekend!! It’s beginning to snow in Denver right now, which should make for some fun time in the mountains for us.
Time for Five Things Friday:
Five Things I Ate:
- Chia Seed Pudding
I mixed in some flax seeds and topped the mixture with blueberries and bananas. Such a filling combination!
- Lunch time salads topped with roasted chicken or salmon cakes.
- Thai Coconut Stir Fry…this was wonderful! And super quick to prepare. I used the recipe from Averie Cooks as a guideline and added my own flair.
- Organic Creamy Hot Breakfast from Bakery on Main
This quinoa multigrain breakfast cereal was super creamy, had zero added sugars or flavorings, and reminded me of cream of wheat!
- Herb Chicken Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash and FODY Foods low FODMAP marinara sauce.
Of course, I LOVE making my own sauce but sometimes it is pretty nice to be able to purchase a jar of the stuff. I love this sauce not only because it’s low FODMAP, but the ingredients are all things you would find in your pantry and there are no added sugars. 🙂
Five Workouts I Did:
- 45 minute run in shorts on Monday!! It was like 60 degrees…so nuts!! And yes, it’s literally snowing right now. I don’t’ think I will ever get used to this weather.
- Boot Camp
- Indoor Cycling
- 1 hour and 10 minute run (longest run I’ve done in a while!)
- Silent Disco Yoga with SoundOff and CorePower Yoga at the ViewHouse.
This was such a unique and awesome experience.
The ViewHouse is a popular restaurant and bar in downtown Denver, and I honestly feel like they are offering yoga classes all the time but this was my first time attending!
You may be wondering what a Silent Disco is, and it’s a bit challenging for me to explain but essentially all participants wear these noise canceling headphones. The class instructor and the music are all streamed through the headphones. By eliminating any outside sound, it really allows the participant to tune into themselves, only focus on the instructors cues and get carried away by the music.
Brian and I were so thankful to have been invited to this event and really hope we get to go to another sometime soon!!
If you are in the Denver area, they have a series of these “Silent Disco” yoga classes so head on over to the Facebook page to check out the details 🙂
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- Walks with Bernie and Rooney. Rooney is definitely making progress as she becomes a better walker on leash, but she is totally like Jekyll and Hyde with split personalities. The first half of the walk she is literally an angel, then as soon as we come home (even if it’s not an out and back walk or if it’s a new path) she immediately begins pulling. I know this is just part of her being a puppy, but the whole split personality thing is kind of nuts.
- Coffee at the Denver Central Market with the girls from Denver Dolls and YearRound Sound 🙂
- Going skiing again on Saturday 🙂
- Practicing yoga TWICE this week. It’s always such a treat when I can make it to a class.
- Starting this final semester of school
Five Posts I Have Loved:
- How Things Change via Fitnessista
- Confessions of a Healthy Living Blogger via Run to the Finish
- Slow Morning Experiment via Cait Flanders
- Blogging and Digital Marketing Trends via Katy Widrick
- 10 Tips for Relieving Gastrointestinal Distress via A Little Bit Yummy
Question of the day:
- Share something fun from your weekend!! 🙂