Last weekend included another successful day of skiing in the books, so I’m excited that Brian and I will be heading out to the slopes early tomorrow again!
The past two years, I have been very timid on the slopes and felt very anxious. It honestly sucked a lot of the fun out of the experience. This year, I feel like I have found my groove and I am SO thankful!! 🙂
Other than skiing, our weekend is pretty free. I know we will spend time playing with and walking the dogs and doing typical weekend things, but other than lunch with a friend on Sunday we don’t have any real commitments. It feels kind of nice!
In true Friday spirit, I’ll share a Five Things Friday post!
Five Things I Ate:
- Lunch salad with greens, Kite Hill soft cheese, brown jasmine rice, lentils, radish, cucumber, olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing.
- Egg white banana oatmeal with a few chia seeds and powdered peanut butter.
- Nourish bowl (lentils, jasmine brown rice, steamed carrots, sautéed greens all topped with walnut oil and vinegar)
- Scrambled egg and egg white, side of frozen fruit topped with peanut butter and homemade cold brew coffee with almond milk.
- Clean out the fridge and call it soup – zucchini, turnips, rutabaga, homemade vegetable broth, chicken, spices and a Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit (<—delicious!!)
Five Workouts I Did:
- Ran for an hour
- Boot Camp
- Indoor Cycling
- Walked the pups 🙂
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- I’m almost done with my internship application (yay!!!!) and I have a couple of fun experiential internships I am hoping to start next month. I know one will work out to start next month, just hoping that both do!
- Getting back into my exercise routine. Guys…I am just now realizing that getting in a GOOD workout makes all the difference in my productivity and positivity for the week. Seriously. Last week and this week were full of really good, muscle-fatiguing workouts and I feel like my focus is like a laser beam 🙂
- Finally feeling comfortable on the ski slopes.
- The show Fixer Upper. I feel like I am a bit late in the game, but I just started watching this show in December and I can see why people love it so much!
- Walking these two fools with my sister 🙂 Sister time and puppy time.
Posts I Have Loved:
- Whole30 Diet Review: Does it Work? 80 Twenty Nutrition
- Why Knowing Your Non-Negotiables is Imperative For Success Nutrition Stripped
- 5 Reasons New Year’s Resolutions Fail and How to Overcome Live and Diet in LA
- Slow Cooker Risotto with Butternut Squash Well Plated
- Bedtime Yoga Stretches for Better Sleep Eating Bird Food
- Share something about your week/weekend in the comments section below!