It’s Friday! This was one of those weeks where it was kind of long, but at the same time it went by kind of fast…does that even make sense?
This week was full of working on projects for some experiential internships, taking (and acing!!) my first quiz of the semester, running, walking the dogs, and celebrating my sister’s birthday 🙂 She came over on Wednesday night and I had dinner for her along with some raspberry cream cheese brownies (my specialty!!). It was fun to celebrate with her.
I’m going to throw this out there just to see if anyone ever has the same thing happen…but I’m actually battling a headache right now. I’ve always been the type to get headaches, and they always make me so hungry and crave comforting carbohydrates (biscuits or chicken and dumplings sound so good right now!)…does anyone else experience this (besides my mom 😉 )?
Tomorrow, we are headed to Breckenridge for some skiing and then the rest of the weekend is pretty relaxed. Tidy the apartment, walk the dogs, meal prep, etc.
Here are some of my week’s highlights in the form of Five Things Friday 🙂
Five Things I Ate:
- A chicken meatloaf topped with FODY Foods Low FODMAP Barbeque Sauce (<–affiliate link).
I had a bottle of it from an order I received about a month ago, and I wasn’t sure what to do with it. Brian, a total sauce lover, absolutely LOVED this meal and requested it next week, so I’ll be sure to write down what I did and take some pictures 🙂
We ate it with a side salad and roasted potatoes.
- Lunch time salads (with leftover meatloaf!)
- Egg white banana oats topped with wild blueberries.
Five Workouts I Did:
- Ran with a friend for 45 minutes on Monday
- Boot Camp
- Indoor Cycling
- An Arm workout I plan on sharing with you guys soon!
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- My FIRST EVER photo was accepted to Food Gawker:
In the bottom right, you can see a picture of my Cumin Lime Kale Salad.
I am so excited that I finally had a picture accepted to Food Gawker! If you aren’t familiar with Food Gawker, it’s a curated site full of beautiful pictures of food. This is how I discovered the world of blogging 8 years ago 🙂 Warning: you could get lost in there….
- Doing well on my first quiz! It always feels good to check things off of the syllabus each semester, especially if the grade was a good one.
- Celebrating my sister’s birthday 🙂
- Bernie and Rooney…always making me smile!
- Being organized and staying on task with goals I set for the year. Each quarter, I set personal and professional goals for myself and it feels good to start off the quarter strong 🙂 So far, things are lining up!
Posts I Have Loved:
- Podcasts I’m Listening To Right Now PaleOMG
- 17 Meatless Super Bowl Snacks Chocolate Covered Katie
- Paleo Gluten Free Super Bowl Party Recipe Roundup Balanced Bites
- A Time Evaluation Exercise You (and I) Need to Do Peanut Butter Runner
- Perfecting Your Low FODMAP Diet Fodify Foods
- Share something with me about your week 🙂