Happy almost weekend!
I’m going to cut straight to the chase because Brian and I have an announcement to make…
We are moving back to Indianapolis at the end of this month 🙂
While we clearly LOVE Denver (more than I ever expected!), Brian is graduating from his orthodontics residency and we are moving back for his job and to be closer to our families. It’s definitely a bittersweet transition as we leave so many Denver memories, friends, and my sister behind, but ultimately we are excited to begin this new chapter!
Now, let me share some fun notes from the week with Five Things Friday:
Five Things I Ate:
- Creamy Veggie Curry with brown jasmine rice from the Oh She Glows Cookbook.
This meal was SO full of flavor. Brian and I were both thankful for leftovers for lunches the following days after we had this meal.
- A super simple meal of baked cod with zucchini, parsnips and jasmine brown rice seasoned with a homemade herb salt. Simple but hit the spot!
- I tested out a quiche recipe and have been enjoying it for breakfasts/lunches this week. One morning, I at the quiche with some banana and homemade nut butter on the side. Yum!
(do you spy Rooney down there?!)
- A latte from Thump. Seriously. If you are visiting Denver, they have the BEST lattes 🙂
- Lunch time salads with my herby Italian salad dressing. You know how much I love salads, so I couldn’t go a week without one!
Five Workouts I Did:
- Ran with a friend x2
- Boot camp (my legs are still sore!!!)
- Indoor Cycling
- LONG (like 5 miles!) walks with the dogs
Five Things Making Me Happy:
- This week I found out that I was accepted as an intern with Joy Bauer! If you aren’t familiar with Joy, she is the Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Contributor on the Today Show. She has been someone that I have looked up to for quite some time, so I’m really looking forward to this opportunity to learn from her.
- Funny images on Instagram 🙂 Can’t get enough!
- Getting all the details together for our move at the end of the month. We have known for quite some time that this move was coming, and I’ve been talking about it in person for months. For some reason, putting it on the internet makes it more “official,” so I’m excited to have officially announced it and to get things rolling.
- The Super Bowl this Sunday 🙂 I’ll be honest though, I’m excited for the snacks and spending time with friends…the game is just a side note!
- Heading up to Beaver Creek to ski tomorrow. This will probably be our last time skiing before the move, so we are going to make the most of it!
Posts I Have Loved:
- Healthy Homemade Salad Dressings Fitnessista
- Honey BBQ Baked Salmon Bowls Cotter Crunch
- Vegan Pancakes Popsugar (<—so fluffy and filling!)
- Resistant Start: What is it? Why do We Care? Kate Scarlata
- Top Running Blogs Run to the Finish (super comprehensive list for food, fitness, and healthy living bloggers!)
- Share something that made you happy this week 🙂